Futuresource Consulting has tracked the optical disc manufacturing industry for more than 20 years.
The CD and DVD Watch services track pre-recorded CD and DVD replication on a global basis, with four CD or DVD Industry Outlook reports per year at the core of this service.
These are supported by:
Ad-hoc ‘hot topic’ industry bulletins
An ‘enquiry helpline’ service
Key coverage of at least two of the four CD or DVD Industry Outlook reports each year includes:
- An Executive Summary highlighting key and strategic developments in the replication industry
- Disc production by World region for the previous two years split by disc format
- Disc production forecast by World region for the current and four future years split by disc format
- Manufacturing capacity and capacity utilisation and projected capacity and capacity utilisation: Worldwide, North America, Europe, Japan and Asia
- The competitive situation: the top 10 replicators by disc production for the previous year and projected disc production for the current year: Worldwide, North America, Europe, Japan and Asia
- Bare disc pricing for North America and Europe
- Plant-by-plant disc production tables for the current year and previous 3 years, are made available to clients concurrently with the publication of the report (at least twice per year). Geographical coverage of these production tables extends to all countries where disc replication is occurring
One of the four annual CD and DVD Industry Outlook Reports is a Customer Feedback report covering the USA and Western Europe. Independent rights holders in the music, home video, games and software sectors are interviewed to quantify:
- Disc replication demand
- Current and
future requirements for replication, fulfilment and distribution services
- Satisfaction with previous and current replication and distribution partners
- Future direction for the usage of CD and DVD discs as a content delivery platform
Where relevant, one of the four CD and DVD Industry Outlook reports per year may cover disc sourcing and distribution requirements for the major Hollywood studios and the major record labels in the USA and Western Europe.
The CD and DVD Industry Outlook Reports are supplemented by ad-hoc ‘hot topic’ Industry Bulletins and cover areas that impact the CD and DVD replication industries. Examples of these include:
- Regular global Blu-ray disc production and hardware and title demand reports
- Assessment of the potential for BD-Live
- CES show report
- Assessment of the European disc covermount market
- Impact of digital content delivery on the CD replication industry
- Impact of raw materials pricing on the CD and DVD replication industries
- Computer games market update
- Assessment of the development of global broadband markets
- Assessment of the recordable disc duplication sector
Information for the CD and DVD Watch services is gathered via primary research (face-to-face and telephone) conducted by Futuresource Consulting’s analysts and consultants who specialise in optical disc manufacturing and the associated industry sectors.
Research partners include disc replicators, capital equipment suppliers, raw materials suppliers, packaging and print suppliers, content owners, independent rights holders and industry bodies and association.
In addition to ongoing reporting, subscribers to the CD and/or DVD Watch services are provided with ongoing help and support through contact with our experienced team of analysts and consultants, which includes regular onsite debriefings.
Clients to the CD and/or DVD watch services include disc replicators, content owners, independent rights holders, capital equipment suppliers, packaging and print suppliers and raw materials suppliers.
Get in touch to find out more.