Discover more about the Industry
The Evolving World of LED Signage and its Rise in Corporate Environments - ISE 2020
LED Market Analysis and Commentary
11 February 2020 - As ISE 2020, the world’s largest pro AV show, is nearly upon us, Claire Kerrison, Senior Market Analyst at Futuresource explores the rise of LED video walls in corporate environments and shares some of the latest trends from the latest Futuresource Consulting Global Video Wall Report.
“Corporate LED signage is evolving,” says Kerrison. “It has been a focal point of company HQ reception areas for some time, installed to make a strong positive impact and communicate financial success. It’s even created rivalry between the world’s leading corporations, as they compete to create the most striking entrance display. Yet, perhaps the most exciting and highly disruptive application for corporate LED is the presentation and meeting space market. These solutions are now competing head-on with LCD and projection, stepping beyond flagship boardrooms, as prices begin to fall.”
Demand is driven by a widening availability of out-of-the-box solutions, with predefined screen size, pixel-pitch and resolution. Sold through the mainstream IT/AV run-rate channel, they currently demand a hefty price premium, but as ASPs continue to tumble, they will prove to be a highly disruptive force in the corporate meeting space. The complexities of installation are becoming less of an issue too, as the rise of interchangeable tiles and out-of-the-box solutions pave the way for simplicity.
“LED’s main advantage is its large image footprint, with no discernible bezel,” says Kerrison. “Of course, a tiled LCD video wall is great for creating larger displays at a lower cost, but it has a noticeable bezel join. For many corporate users, this is not acceptable as it detracts from the content. LED’s bright and vibrant displays are also well-suited to the premium image that many corporates want to convey.”
The full Futuresource Consulting Pro AV Team will be attending industry meetings at the show, sharing insight presentations and they will also be available for comment and can provide data to support articles. Post show, the team will produce a free post-ISE show report, exploring the key trends and announcements. You can follow Futuresource on Twitter (@futuresourcer) to get live updates on all the news as it happens.
Futuresource Pro AV Team Attending ISE 2020 - Contact Information
- Chris McIntyre-Brown - All (email@example.com)
- Adam Cox - Collaboration/Signal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Claire Kerrison - Projection & PRo Displays (email@example.com)
- Simon Forrest - Smart Buildings & AI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Colin Messenger - Interactive Displays - (email@example.com)
- Jeremy Wills - Digital Signage & Pro Lighting (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graham Cooke - Flat Panel & Video Wall (email@example.com)
- James Kirby - Pro Audio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Matthew Ledgerwood - All (email@example.com)
- Judy Wang - China (firstname.lastname@example.org)
New Reports Available from Futuresource
- Office Based Hearables - The Connected Workforce
- Understanding the AV Managed Service Landscape
- A Review of Smart Buildings and Future Opportunities for Growth
- Vertical Deep Dive - The Changing Face of Control Room Technology
- Global Video Wall Controller
- Corporate End User - How are AV Decisions Being Made and Employees Behaving?
Here at Futuresource Consulting we deliver specialist research and consulting services, providing market forecasts and intelligence reports. Since the 1980s we have supported a range of industry sectors, which has grown to include: CE, Broadcast, Entertainment Content, EdTech and many more.