Please click 'View' to access this report.
Futuresource Interactive Displays in The Education and Corporate Sectors Market Track - Worldwide Q4 19
2019 had a 4.1% annual increase with 2 million displays, quarter 4 had a 1.4% growth
The Year and Quarter
- 2019 had a 4.1% annual volume and 7.8% value increase with 2.0 million interactive displays sold at a value of $5.9 billion.
- This is the first year to break the two million display unit mark for interactive displays.
- For the quarter 2019 Q4 had a 1.4% YoY volume growth at 505k displays.
- The Americas had a positive year with 19% annual growth, the quarter had an 8.2% YoY growth. All the growth came from education where K-12 sales continue to be very strong. Sales to corporates were static.
- EMEA had a 5.5% annual increase but ended the year strongly with 23.5% YoY increase in Q4. Multiple countries had a significant quarter.
- APAC increased annually by 1.1%, but 2019 Q4 had a YoY decrease of 5.1%. China sales across the year were stable.
- Coronavirus is expected to have an impact on Interactive Display’s productivity. Over 90% of displays are manufactured in China this is expected to lead to product delays and shortages.
- The global market is forecast to remain robust with the market increasing by around 5% in volume and 4% by value per year until 2024
- Forecasts for sales into education have been increased in all regions as the appetite for interactive displays in classrooms continues to grow strongly.
- Forecasts for sales to corporations have decreased, the complexity of the sale is proving to be difficult to get consistent adoption. They are considered a luxury item not a necessity and users are holding off buying during financially tight times.
- China volumes are forecast to remain stable for the next five years, but as China accounts for such a significant volume of world sales (67%, in 2019) then any reductions in sales can cause a significant impact to the global market.
Please click 'Enquire' to enquire about this report.
Here at Futuresource Consulting we deliver specialist research and consulting services, providing market forecasts and intelligence reports. Since the 1980s we have supported a range of industry sectors, which has grown to include: CE, Broadcast, Entertainment Content, EdTech and many more.